Instrument Adventures (5 - 7yo) - week commencing 21st February As featured on the BBC. Three lessons supported by Arts Council England. One lesson each week over three weeks. Each [...]
What we do
Learn about our wide range of high-quality musical services!
As featured on and many more!
We at Lycaeum believe in making music accessible. To that end, we offer a variety of ways to learn to make sure that anyone with a passion for playing has access to music education.
Lycaeum students learn in all sorts of ways:
- Lessons online – affordable, high-quality tuition
- Lessons at home – bespoke teaching designed to be flexible
- Award-winning online group courses – boost your musical knowledge whilst having fun!
- Workshops, competitions, and concerts – gain invaluable experience performing in front of an audience and meet fellow musicians!
Select a category below!
'My daughter is very happy with her teacher and she has made a tremendous progress since starting her lessons.'Anne T, 37, London
'This is great value for music learning, as in addition to the private instrumental lessons you get lots of complimentary online courses and various events'Kateryna S, 25, London
'The sessions are very child friendly and interactive. The children learned a lot about different styles of music. James was great managing the zoom sessions'Jane F, 36, London
'Our son really had the biggest smile in the world. He enjoyed a lot of different music styles and had a great teacher'Jeremy C, 40, London
Our online lessons are the most convenient way to learn an instrument – all that’s required is a decent internet connection.
- Lessons from as little as £12 – the most affordable in the UK!
- Held via Zoom or Skype, with fully flexible times
- Personalised learning, for maximum effectiveness
Many students choose to learn online, receiving high-quality tuition while saving time and costs. Online students have full access to the unique bonuses that come from studying with Lycaeum, including our bi-annual concerts where they can play in front of a live audience and meet fellow students!
For students looking for a more detailed approach to learning an instrument, our at home lessons are designed to give students a comprehensive bespoke learning experience, all while being entirely flexible.
- Your tutor will come to your home at any convenient time, from only £32!
- Personalised learning, for maximum effectiveness
- All tutors are experienced, DBS-checked professionals
Your tutor will work with you to arrange any reasonable time and date that work best for your schedule, and their travel costs are included in their cost. At home lessons are a premium learning experience for an affordable fee!
Satisfaction Guarantee: If you have bought at least 4 lessons you don’t wish to continue after the 1st, we will refund the entire fee!
Any students taking our private instrumental lessons receive a special discount on, or even free access to our online group courses!
- No need for an instrument
- Maximum class sizes, so all students receive personal attention
- Taught weekly
- Wide range of topics: explore the history of music for children, film music, and instruments from around the world!
Online group courses are available to everyone. With no instrument required to learn, our courses can be a great introduction to music or as a complement to students’ private lessons.
In addition to frequent workshops, Lycaeum students are invited to join in on our bi-annual concerts, where they’ll have the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience!
- All events are socially distanced
- A great way for children to learn to express themselves in a safe and fun environment
- Different themes, such as improvising, orchestra, chamber music and many more!
Playing with others is one of the best parts of learning an instrument. Our workshops are concerts are the perfect opportunity for Lycaeum students to meet one another! Click here to find out more.
We offer extensive, guided support to any students taking ABRSM music exams. With our support, students are free to focus entirely on their performance without stressing about other factors.
- Mock exams for getting our student used to the exam environment
- Registration and handling of admin
- Offering a piano accompanist if applicable
Our tutors will be fully familiar with the ABRSM curriculum, giving students an unparalleled level of preparation when approaching their exams.
The only music service in the UK to offer all of these services combined!
MusicOnWheels is our ambitious project to make music education as accessible as possible. Our goals are:
- Provide free access to music lessons in disadvantaged areas
- Introduce as many children as possible to music for free
- Democratise access to early opportunities for children regardless of background
Featured in the press and on radio, our musical bus tours various communities in London and its surrounding areas, bringing music to anyone who wants to learn!
Click here to find out more and watch the short film!
Check our upcoming group courses below
ABRSM Music Theory: Grade 1, Pt.1 - week commencing 21st February Please Note - Music Theory Grade 1 is split into two, 6-part courses - This is part 1. We [...]
Music In A Time Machine - week commencing 21st February This group is for ages 7-11. As featured on the BBC. Six lessons supported by Arts Council England. One lesson each [...]