Music In A Time Machine – 6 Weeks – Pick Your Weekly Time Slot
June 9 @ 18:00 - July 14 @ 19:00£25
Music In A Time Machine – commencing week of 7 June
- Six lessons supported by Arts Council England.
- As featured on BBC Radio London.
- One lesson each week over six weeks.
- Children will learn about different periods in the development of music.
- They will be able to identify composers, instruments, and practices belonging to each era.
- Recommended for 7 – 12 year-olds.
- Each session is 60 minutes.
Let’s take a leap through time as we explore the music of different eras. We’ll start right at the beginning, looking at the origins of music and venture through to modern day.
We’ll look at famous composers and musicians during different periods, from the stone age to the medieval plainchants in the 1200’s, and to the instruments used to create Classical masterpieces in the 1700’s. Maybe we’ll check out the Jazz scene emerging out of New Orleans in the 1920’s, or how about discovering the war time classics?
These classes are fun and filled with interesting facts, videos, and games! There is so much to be discovered so climb aboard and let’s see where history takes us.
Price: £25 (This price includes 6 x 60 minute lessons over 6 weeks).
Available weekly time-slots – week commencing 7 June