Film Music – 6-Week Online Course – Pick Your Weekly Time Slot
June 8 @ 18:00 - July 13 @ 19:00£25
Film Music – commencing week of 7 June
- Six lessons supported by Arts Council England.
- As featured on BBC Radio London.
- One lesson each week over six weeks.
- Children will learn about the origins and history of music in cinema.
- We will study multiple compositional techniques, styles, and film composers.
- The children will work towards creating their own soundtrack.
- Instruments can be used but are not required.
- Recommended for 7 – 12 year-olds.
- Each session is 60 minutes.
In these lessons we will start by exploring the silent movies of the1890’s and travel through time, all the way to modern-day soundtracks for epic blockbusters! We’ll look at different musical techniques, and how they can be used to perfectly capture the right mood. For example, a violin could sound great alongside a romantic scene, or it could send shivers down your spine in an eerie, spooky plot, or even as the backdrop on-board a fearless pirate ship!
This course is filled with fun facts, quizzes, and all of your favourite theme songs. You’ll even get to create your own soundtrack to a movie clip using any instruments you might already have, or even using cool sounding objects lying around your house. Who knew a ruler and a tin-can could be so musical!
All abilities welcome, just make sure you bring your imagination, creativity… and maybe a ruler!
Price: £25 (This price includes 6 x 45 minute lessons over 6 weeks).
Available weekly time-slots